Including SQL database with ASP.Net publish to azure (Visual Studio) RRS feed

• Question

• User2111077230 posted

I am new to Azure and ASP.NET. Initially I have created an ASP.NET app that simply displays a dial on screen. I managed to publish to Azure and can see it is working fine when I navigate to the url.

The next thing I want to do is publish a databound grid. Locally, I have attached the grid to the Northwind database. However, I am not sure how to get the SQL database up to azure.

A Google search shows steps to ADD a service when creating the Service App Plan but now that I have already created the service, I cannot find how to get that dialog back to select to add a service.

How would I now add the SQL service and select the local database to publish?

Thanks

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:14 AM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

You could check at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-get-started.

Regards

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:07 AM
  • User2111077230 posted

Thanks for the link. It looks helpful but I cannot see how to integrate this with my Visual Studio project.

The examples show running queries on the database using the SQL Management Studio and inside Azure but not what I need to do in my project to deply my development database to Azure.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:23 AM
  • User-2097295820 posted

When you click on Publish on vs. Go to the settings for that Publish. There is an option that states that you should deploy database during publish. Please check that box. See this would help.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:03 AM