none
Trying to test two models of laptops at same time (same pool and project). When the second target is selected, some tests disappears RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run tests on two differents models of laptops (both with Windows 8 x64) using this methodology:

1. Create a pool and put those two machines in this pool;

2. Create a project, got to Selection and select the first system (laptop) in the list;

3. Now, if I look at the tests, the "CRASH - Display Stress 4-hour WDDM Profile (64bit)" is there;

4. Now in Selection again, select the second system (laptop) in the list.

Now, if I go again to the tests list, only one "CRASH - Display Stress 4-hour WDDM Profile (64bit)" for one target is available, instead of two instances of the test.

Am I doing something unsupported by HCK Studio this way or is this maybe an issue?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

• This is known behavior.  As you have found, the way to get individual test lists for each target is to place them in their own projects.

This is the target creation system adding the targets together into the same target family.  This was designed specifically to be used for by HCK object model automation for testing, but manifests itself when duplicate targets are added together.

So, to sum this up, this intentional behavior for the HCK OM, but is unintentional behavior for the HCK UI.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:02 PM

All replies

• Well, by now I managed this using a project per system.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Forwarded you question to the appropriate team. Sorry for the delayed response. Will receive a reply soon.

Thanks,

Sree

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Hello Sree!

Any news about this issue?

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Is this HCK 1.6 or is this 2.0? 

If 2.0, is the test actually missing from the UI?  Or is it simply greyed out?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Hello,

The HCK version is 8.59.29779 for Windows 8. The test is missing from the UI, not greyed out.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:54 PM
  • This is known behavior.  As you have found, the way to get individual test lists for each target is to place them in their own projects.

This is the target creation system adding the targets together into the same target family.  This was designed specifically to be used for by HCK object model automation for testing, but manifests itself when duplicate targets are added together.

So, to sum this up, this intentional behavior for the HCK OM, but is unintentional behavior for the HCK UI.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:02 PM