CRM 2011+An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have installed CRM 2011 on-premise version in Server A. Database and CRM 2011 Reporting Extenison in Server B. Both the server are 64 bit server and IIS 7.0 . i can able to browse the Report server url. USer as been added in Sql DB Logins and as permission to Reportserver and ReportservertempDB.

i can able to access the CRM Reports only using Admin Credenttials that is from the credential which Report server is installed and configured

Error in server 1: 

Web service request SetDataSourceCredentials to Report Server (http://servername/Reportserver_XXXSQLSRVR)failed with SoapException. Error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted).

Error in Server 2: took this error From error log file

processing!ReportServer_0-1!7e4!03/16/2011-10:34:51:: e ERROR: Data source 'CRM': An error has occurred. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Caller S-1-5-21-1587242514-2812063576-513219026-1110 has insufficient privilege to run report as user 9f69b98c-c73d-e011-bd85-842b2b6567dd
    processing!ReportServer_0-1!7e4!03/16/2011-10:34:51:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data source 'CRM'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Caller S-1-5-21-1587242514-2812063576-513219026-1110 has insufficient privilege to run report as user 9f69b98c-c73d-e011-bd85-842b2b6567dd
    processing!ReportServer_0-1!7e4!03/16/2011-10:34:51:: i INFO: DataPrefetch abort handler called for Report with ID=. Aborting data sources ...
    processing!ReportServer_0-1!7e4!03/16/2011-10:34:51:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Caller S-1-5-21-1587242514-2812063576-513219026-1110 has insufficient privilege to run report as user 9f69b98c-c73d-e011-bd85-842b2b6567dd

Eventvwr error in server 2:

Failed to unload app domain DefaultDomain. The following exception occurred: Error while unloading appdomain. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131015).

I tried the Following ways to fix it

1.added User as content manager

2.In CRM apppool i have Admin in identity column

its really paining when i'm unable to access the CRM 2011 Default Reports. got stucked for a day.

Thanks, Saraswathy Kumaravelu
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:38 PM

All replies

• HI,

I had the same problem before restarting the SQL Server Reporting Services instance. Have you restared it after the installation? Does it solve your problem?

Regards,

JonasB

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

I have restarted the server after installation.but still is not working. its paiining a lot when crm 2011 default reports are not working.

i have tried all the possibilities. i have turned on the Dev error in CRM webconfig

in eventvwr i'mgetting

Web service request SetDataSourceCredentials to Report Server ("myreportserverurl") failed with SoapException. Error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Hi Saraswathy,

Based on your description and error logs, the issue is caused because the user has no permission to access the database of report datasource. You have:

1.added User as content manager.

2. USer as been added in Sql DB Logins and as permission to Reportserver and ReportservertempDB.

both the actions are not to solve your issue. It is related with the report datasource database instead of report server database or temp db or report server item permission.

To resolve the problem, follow these steps:

1. Open the report manager and go to report Properties tab and the Datasource page.

2. If the datasource credential is set to use Windows integrated security, please add the users into the report data source databases (which is not report server database/temp db) security users and grant proper permissions to the users, so that the users can access its data.

3. If the datasource credential is set to Credentials stored securely in the report server, ensure the SQL or window account used has sufficient permissions to access data in the report data source database.

thanks,
    Jerry

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:33 AM
  • Hi jerry ,

Initially this default reports did not work for any users, i added Domain user account in CRMapppool identity after doin this now its working only the  for that user.

i have given permission to ReportserverDB and ReportServertemp and the users as been added as Content Manager. Anyway this did not give the solution.

As per your steps to resolve this issue,

1.  i opened the report Manager

http://Servername/Reports_PMOSQLSRVR/Pages/Folder.aspx

its displays three Folders org1_MSCRM.Org2_MSCRM and Shared Reports

In properties tab i dd not find Datasource Page . so i clicked Org1_MSCRM Folder -->Show details where i see Custom Reports ,MSCRM_Datasource and  MSCRM_FetchDatasource Folders.

when i clicked the MSCRM_Datasource , i properties tab i can see the Datasource for which Credentials is Windows Credential. Moreover i could not find  MSCRM_Datasource  DB in SQL its just displaying only in Report manager

How should i proceed Know?what do you mean by report data source databases in your 2nd point?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:47 AM
  • I am curious as well we need a bit better instructions.  
    • Proposed as answer by Oli Ward Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:00 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Oli Ward Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:00 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Hi All,

I encountered this same issue today after installing CRM 2011.
    CRM 2011 on Server A
    SQL and SSRS 2008 R2 on Server B

I found that I got the same errors described here when running the standard reports even after I had installed the Reporting Extension (CRM 2011 replacement for CRM 4.0 Data Connector). The reason I got the error was because the 'Data Source Type' had not been updated in Report Manager.

Here's how I resolved:

1. Browse to Report Manager (http://SERVERB/Reports)
    2. Open the Organisation_MSCRM folder
    3. Click Show Details
    Open the MSCRM_DataSource
    Change the Data Source Type from Microsoft SQL Server to Microsoft Dynamics CRM SQL
    *Note: - This option is only available once Reporting Extension has been installed on SSRS Server.

Clear the contents of the Connection String box
    7. Set the Connect Using: option to Credentials Supplied by user running the report but do NOT check the Use as Windows Credentials when connecting to the DataSource option.
    8. Click Apply
    Restart the SQL Reporting Services Service in Reporting Services Configuration Manager
    Test by running one of the Standard CRM Reports (e.g. User Summary)

Ta Da!! - Success!!

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by Oli Ward Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:08 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Thanks Cumberland

Looked promising but still fails for me.  I restarted the Reporting Services at the end as well. 

Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:26 PM
  • Same for me as pslager.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I have the same trouble and spends 3 days now to solve without luck

It was working well when all was running on same server and I get that report issu now from the time I move the database and Reporting service to an other server by keeping CRM server on first server.

IN my Scenario I have CRM server installed on SRV01 and SQL + RSS + CRM reporting extension on SRV02

SRV01 act as a DC with AD roles, SRV02 only have File sharing role

Does CRM report extension need to be installed also on SRV01 where CRM server is installed

Does anyone has solve it ?

Does MS moderator could give us a step by step procedure ?

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:48 AM
  • We followed the steps described by Oli Ward but to make it work what we had to modify was in shareReports\5.0.xxxx\MSCRM_DataSource folder, instead of Organisation_MSCRM folder as stated on step 2.

Hope it helps,PP

Microsoft MVP Dynamics CRM | My Twitter: http://twitter.com/pabloperalta | My blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/pabloperalta | Blog en Español: http://wwww.elblogdedynamicscrm.com
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I have try this I have still same error

any idea?

What should be the setting in other CRM dataSource ?

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

You can check the following as well.

1. Make sure the Report Server computer account is part of the AD PrivReportingGroup {GUID} and PrivUserGroup {GUID} Groups.
    2. The Report Server computer account is added in SQL Server login with permissions to ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB (db_owner, RSExecRole).

And the report services are running with which account ? Network Service or domain account ?

If it is running with Domain account, try running with network service after verifying the above settings.

regards,

Manoj B.

Manoj Batchu
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:04 PM
  • After applying all the possible solutions of this article, we solved this issue by adding the dbo rights for the Network Service account (from the SRS reporting server) to the databases ORGANISATION_MSCRM and MSCRM_CONFIG.

It took us some hours to find this out so hopefully it will help someone once...

Kind Regards,

Peter

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Hi

I tried all what is stated above, but none works for me.

Badly stuck, and the surprising part is, the out of box reports are working on one organization for the same servers, and not working for the second organization.

Please Help.

Thanks

Thursday, November 27, 2014 11:19 AM
  • Here is my solution.

Go to http://server/reports and show a property of a report.
    Then you can see parameters of the report. I don't have the capture image, so go see the below link if you don't know where it is.
    http://www.wipfli.com/BlogPost_Blog_MCRM_111314_SSRSCustomReportParameters.aspx

If you find parameters which is not checked on any of "Hide" and "Prompt User", then check one of them. The condition which those two check boxes both are unchecked is kind of odd. But this happens, though I don't know when and why. And the odd condition could cause an error of this topic.

Taichi

Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:55 AM