none
Is this a framework install problem or should I try something else RRS feed

• Question

•  I have an application (ASP.NET 3.5) with a gridview inside an updatepanel and within that gridview I have another updatepanel with a secondary gridview embedded within it for a master/detail view.   The outer gridview is populated accoding to some search parameters input by the end user who can then select a row in that gridview to get a details view for that particular row. 

The problem is that on my production server (Windows Server 2003 SP2) when the detail view is sent the RowDatabound events for the gridview are not executed. when the databind is performed.

On my development machine (Windows XP SP2) and my test server (Windows Server 2003 SP2) the RowDatabound events execute and the code works perfectly.  Since it's only one machine with this problem I was wondering if there might be something wrong with the installation of .NET on that particular server. (Other .NET applications on that server all seem to run just fine but none of them are quite this complex).
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Roy,

Thank you for your post.

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. I'm not quite familiar with ASP.NET application. To run ASP.NET 3.5 application, firstly, please check whether .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed on the target machine.

However, to narrow down the possible cause of .NET Framework installation, you can try Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 3.5 on your machine. If it is not well installed, please try Cleanup Tool to remove it. Then download the installer and install it again.

If the problem still exists, for further troubleshooting, you can try posting your thread on ASP.NET Forum. You will get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:00 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 8:18 AM