none
How I can manage my people or group site column as dropdown list which have dynamic values based on the item status RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a team site collection inside my on-premise SharePoint enterprise server 2013. Now we have a requirement which require us to have
    1. People or group site column rendered as a Drop-down list
    2. And to have its choices populated dynamically.

Now the list I am working with has the following main columns:-

1. Project Status, of type drop down.
    2. Project Responsible.
    3. Customer Name, of type drop down.

Now we have many different security groups as follow:-

1. First Approver
    2. Second Approver
    3. A separate group for each customer, where this group have the same name as the customer name.

Now I want to implement this:-

1. Based on the “Project Status” selection, to populate the “Project Responsible” choices as follow:-
      1. If the “Project Status” = Open, to retrieve the users from the “First Approver” security group, and to add the users as choices inside the “Project Responsible”.
      2.  If the “Project Status” = In-Progress, to retrieve the users from the “Second Approver” security group, and to add the users as choices inside the “Project Responsible”.
      3. If the “Project Status”= Completed, to retrieve the users from the security group which have the same name as the customer name , and to add the users as choices inside the “Project Responsible”.

Now I did not find any way to implement this inside SharePoint using the built-in features, as seems these 2 options are not supported out of the box:-

1. To have a People or Group site column rendered as DropDown list.
    2. To dynamically populate the DropDown choices based on other column values .

So can anyone advice which approach I should follow to achieve these requirements? Now if I was developing a standard .net application, then having such features will be straight forward using javaScript and HTML,,, but not sure in SharePoint what are the options I have to achieve this??

Thanks

Monday, April 24, 2017 12:26 PM

All replies