none
VS 2005 compatibility with IIS 8.5

Question

• I would like to know the compatablity of VS 2005 with IIS 8.5 windows server 2012 R2

Regards,

Praveen

Praveen

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Friday, February 24, 2017 12:55 PM Moved From Visual C#
    Friday, February 24, 2017 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Praveen,

This is Visual C# forum. Moving your thread to Visual Studio General forum for getting quick response.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, February 24, 2017 12:55 PM
  • Hi Praveen,

The VS 2005 could work on Windows Server 2012 R2.

But VS2005 can only compile against .NET 2.0 (and .NET 3.0 with some extensions, admittedly). You need select .NET 2.0 in IIS for it:

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Thanks Fletch..

This is working..

Praveen

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:53 AM
  • Hi Praveen,

I'm glad it helps you out.

Would you please help mark my reply as answer? Which would help others who are facing similar issues.

Thanks for your cooperation:)

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:10 AM