Regarding MIME encoding? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to consume SSL enabled web service. For that i have created MIME/SMIME receive and send pipeline. But i am getting below error on testing the scenario

System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkBodyWriter.ValidateStreamContainsXml(Stream stream)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfMarshaller.CreateWcfMessage(CreateWcfMessageSettings settings)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.SendRequestMessage(IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage, IRequestChannel channel)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.SendMessage(IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage)

But when i am looking into the xml, it is perfectly fine. Even i tried to validate ihe instance and it pass. Can any one let me know if i am missing for SMIME/MIME component properties

• Edited by Phill Ed Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:13 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:12 AM

Answers

• So, here's the thing, SSL/TLS and MIME/SMIME have nothing to do with each other.

If all you're trying to do is hit an endpoint that uses SSL, you shouldn't have to do anything if the target is using a public authority (VeriSign, etc.) certificate.

MIME/SMIME is a binary-to-text encoding format, like Base64, that supports optional encryption.

Neither is dependent on the other in any way.

• Marked as answer by Phill Ed Sunday, May 31, 2015 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:35 AM

All replies

• Now when i changed the signature type to "ClarSign" of MIME pipeline component   the error i am getting is

There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "sndSSLPipeline, , Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=" Source: "MIME/SMIME encoder" Send Port: "sndReqResp" URI: "https://192" Reason: Unable to send MIME message because the signing certificate has not been configured in BizTalk Administration Console.  

I dont know the possible reason for it. But i have configured the certificate ... Can any one let me know what could be the possible root cause

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:16 AM
  • So, here's the thing, SSL/TLS and MIME/SMIME have nothing to do with each other.

If all you're trying to do is hit an endpoint that uses SSL, you shouldn't have to do anything if the target is using a public authority (VeriSign, etc.) certificate.

MIME/SMIME is a binary-to-text encoding format, like Base64, that supports optional encryption.

Neither is dependent on the other in any way.

• Marked as answer by Phill Ed Sunday, May 31, 2015 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:35 AM