File upload issue in Word for Mac RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a problem while developing Word add-in in Word for Mac. Considering this following code:

<html>
    	<head>
    		<title>Document Input Test</title>
    	</head>
    	<body>
    		<div>
    			<input id="fileselectiontest" type="file" accept=".docx" />
    		</div>
    	</body>
    </html>

This is no problem for me to select a file from the add-in in Windows desktop or browsers. But when I run it on Word for Mac 2016 version, there is no dialog popup for me to choose file.

I am wondering if it is my HTML's problem, or Word for Mac doesn't support it.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi JayTang,

Based on the description, you were developing Office add-in. To narrow down whether this issue is relative to the web browser, I suggest that you run this HTML page in the browser directly. 

In addition, I also suggest that you check whether the environment meet the requirement to run the Office add-in via the link below:
    http://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/overview/requirements-for-running-office-add-ins

Regards & Fei 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:14 AM