Windows Store app for printers: 'More Settings' sometimes does not load app

Question

• I have a windows store app for printers and my question is specific to the 'More Setting' experience of the App.

I have a device metadata correctly configured to link my driver and my app and in most cases, my app is shown when I click 'More Settings' from my driver but, at times, for absolutely no reason, my app stops showing up when clicking 'More settings'. This is easily corrected if I author another device metadata but I am looking for a reason as to why this happens.

In general I'd also like to know:

1. Is the link between a driver and my app reevaluated (by searching device metadata) every single time I click on 'More settings'? Or is this bound in some way to the name of the device metadata, once established?

2. What happens if I have multiple device metadatas installed in the DM Store between the same app and driver?

3. Is copying my device metadata to the DM Store manually, equivalent to doing it via visual studio?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:46 PM

All replies

• Another weird thing happening right now is that I currently have no device metadata in my devicemetadata store but my app still shows up on clicking 'more settings'. I have a debug version of the app installed now but this is clearly not correct behavior.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:55 PM