none
Getting Logged In User Info From Claims Based SharePoint Site to InfoPath Form

Question

• Hi All,

I have a SharePoint 2013 site that uses Claims Based Authentication. In there I have an InfoPath form that has a requirement to Auto Populate First Name, Last Name and Work Email. 

I have created a UDCX file also but don't know how to filter the values and pass them to form controls like text boxes and person/group picker.

Please help on this request.

Thanks!

Friday, December 09, 2016 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

I have a SharePoint 2013 site that uses Claims Based Authentication. In there I have an InfoPath form that has a requirement to Auto Populate First Name, Last Name and Work Email. 

I have created a UDCX file also but don't know how to filter the values and pass them to form controls like text boxes and person/group picker.

Please help on this request.

Thanks!

No replies so far? :(
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hi Chiranthaka J,

Did you create data connection from “SOAP web service” or “SharePoint library or list”?

If you create data connection from “SharePoint library or list” and read data from people column, it only can get the user DisplayName including first name and last name. It cannot get the work email of the user.

If you use SOAP web service to create data connection, you can get the First name, Last name and work email of the user.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the articles below.

How to automatically retrieve current UserName in an InfoPath SharePoint list form.

http://www.qdoscc.com/blog/how-automatically-retrieve-current-username-infopath-sharepoint-list-form

Auto Populate User Information in InfoPath with Claims Based Authentication in SharePoint – Part 1 of 3.

https://spvee.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/auto-populate-user-information-in-infopath-with-claims-based-authentication-part-1-of-3/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 12, 2016 3:02 AM
  • Hi Sara,

The first link worked for me. But when I unselect 'Refresh value when formula recalculated' the filed is not showing the details. Instead of the details it shows an empty space. What is the issue for this?

Thanks,

Chiranthaka 

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:15 AM