WCF clients logs RRS feed

• Question

• User-1148213940 posted
    I was getting following error when i try to call web-service from a asp.net web-page.. "An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to web-service. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details." I can view the WSDL fine in a IE window... funny thing is i am able to call this web-service fine from another machine .......no problem. Since i am getting the error on another machine..i suspect some settings may be off on this particular problem....Is their a log created on the client computer..IIS logs...where do i look for trouble-shooting... any ideas...
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-1623675128 posted
    you can find the IIS logs in server not on the client I bilieve. In Server on the following locatioin.. \inetpub\logs\LogFiles\.. check if any thing is getting logged there by Web Service.
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:57 PM
  • User260886948 posted

Hi,

If you want to get the error log in client, please turn on tracing and message logging on either side of a WCF conversation. The simplest way to do it is to use the WCF Configuration Editor (GUI). This allows you to set up message logging with a couple of clicks. All the GUI does is make changes to your config file.
    Also please make sure you click on auto-flush and go to the message logging tab and select Log Entire Message.

For more information, please try to refer to this similar thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/908f7f5a-a166-42c6-b323-aebd06576e0a/how-to-log-or-trace-message-at-wcf-client-side .

Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:38 PM