none
Register outlook plugin in multiple user profile\user on PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Right now we are installing outlook plugin for each user HKCurrentuser.

We want once plugin install all user should able to use that plugin. 

How can achieve this?

Neeraj

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please deploy your add-in using Windows Installer. You can configure VSTO Add-ins to be installed for all users and create registry keys in HKLM.

Please visit

Deploying a Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Solution Using Windows Installer

Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:36 AM
  • For different user it was mentioned that use

32-bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE(32-Bit)\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\SampleCompany.ExcelAddIn

64-bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE(32-Bit)\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\SampleCompany.ExcelAddIn

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE(64-Bit)\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\SampleCompany.ExcelAddIn

this can work for Excel but for outlookplugin it need to be in current use. how different user can use same installed one on same pc?

Neeraj

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:06 PM
  • Hello,

The registry for add-in should be 

Office version

Configuration Path

32-bit

Root\Software\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

64-bit

Root\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\application name\Addins\add-in ID

Please visit Registry Entries for VSTO Add-ins

What do you mean "but for outlookplugin it need to be in current user"?

If the outlook add-in has been deployed in current user, each user has to install it before using. Outlook would not load the add-in as it could not find the add-in for you in HKCU if you do not install. 

If Outlook find the registry in HKLM, the add-in could be used for all users.

Please use widows installer or other deployment tools to deploy your add-in and add registry entries in the HKLM.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi Neeraj,

Has your issue been resolved?

If it has, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer which is the way to close a thread here.

If not, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Tony

Help each other

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:31 AM
  •  Hi

If i register plugin in HKLM plugin wont Load. but if i register in HKLM it loaded with outlook  opening.

I wan't deployment for all user using outlook  on same PC same way usinstallation from all user.

Kindly help me 

Neeraj

Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:24 AM