To get message from ESB Fault table in .net component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working on to get the fault messages from ESB Fault table whenever there is new entry.

I am new with ESB but I think we can retrive all messages from Fault table using Microsoft.Practices.ESB.* dll

But is there any functionaliy which gives me the update whenever there is a new entry into Fault database?

I need to get all the details on newly inserted record only.

Regards, Sagar Kakde

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Sagar,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

If you are more familiar with database part then I would suggest to create a trigger on Fault table and that will intimate you whenever new entries comes into table. that would be easier to use in .Net component.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

• Marked as answer by Sagar Kakade Friday, November 6, 2015 6:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:54 PM
  • Hi All,

Thank you for the response, Below is the simple process I did to get an exception data.

I created a sendport subscribing to the filters same as All.Exception send port and its pipeline, and send the data into FILE adapter so I get the xml into the folder.

Thenmy .net component read the folder and modify the file as per my requirement. :)

Regards, Sagar Kakde

• Marked as answer by Sagar Kakade Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:37 AM

All replies

• HI Sagar ,

You can use ESB Notification Service which is being shipped with ESB toolkit .

You need to configure the windows service which will poll the new exception message logged into ESB Exception DB.

Refer below MSDN article to configure  ESB notification service

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee236682(v=bts.10).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ff647933.aspx

Thanks
    Abhishek

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:50 AM
  • Hi,

You can use "BizTalk ESB Exception Notification" windows service to send the alerts.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit\Exception Notification Service

For sending alerts through email, you can configure email server name etc..in the ESB portal web page.

Cheers

JB

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:34 PM
  • Hi Sagar,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

If you are more familiar with database part then I would suggest to create a trigger on Fault table and that will intimate you whenever new entries comes into table. that would be easier to use in .Net component.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

• Marked as answer by Sagar Kakade Friday, November 6, 2015 6:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:54 PM
  • Hi All,

Thank you for the response, Below is the simple process I did to get an exception data.

I created a sendport subscribing to the filters same as All.Exception send port and its pipeline, and send the data into FILE adapter so I get the xml into the folder.

Thenmy .net component read the folder and modify the file as per my requirement. :)

Regards, Sagar Kakde

• Marked as answer by Sagar Kakade Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:37 AM