none
Branding Validation Test fails with "default image" errors after moving to the merged dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• I have a universal windows 8.1 app that I have published to the store successfully several times.  I tried to update that app last week using the merged dashboard for the first time.  The app failed certification, even though it passed all of the WACK 3.4 tests in Visual Studio, with  "default image error"(s).  None of the visual assets for the application were changed from the previous successful submission.  All of the required images were included.

I suspect the new dashboard is not correctly checking visual assets in my bundles.

Oddly, each error is listed twice in the report.   This is holding up an update that I really need to get out to customers as it contains several bug fixes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the errors for the windows store app:

• Image file StoreLogo.scale-100.png is a default image
    • Image file StoreLogo.scale-100.png is a default image
    • Image file SmallLogo.scale-100.png is a default image
    • Image file SmallLogo.scale-100.png is a default image
    • Image file Logo.scale-100.png is a default image
    • Image file Logo.scale-100.png is a default image

Here are the errors for the windows phone app:

• Image file SmallLogo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file SmallLogo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Logo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Logo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Square71x71Logo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Square71x71Logo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file WideLogo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file WideLogo.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Splashscreen.scale-240.png is a default image
    • Image file Splashscreen.scale-240.png is a default image

ktd

• Edited by ktd09 Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:59 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:50 AM

All replies

• When the Windows 8.0 store was launched, it was allowed for very short period.
    And then it is prohibited by certification requirement.
    So if you are using default SDK image, please replace it.
    AFAIK, that is the only way to resolve it.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:20 AM
  • I am not using any default images.  The error messages are incorrect.  These packages with the same images passed certification in June 2015.  The only thing that has changed is that the current submission is being done with the new merged dashboard.

Before these packages were submitted to the store, they passed all of the tests, including the branding section,  in the Windows App Certifcation Kit 3.4 in Visual Studio 2013.

ktd

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Good news - I just got the apps to pass certification.  The trick?  Change the names of the image files listed in the windows store failure report to something else.  I got the idea from the posting listed below.  Clearly, several people are encountering this problem.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/b63f7e09-6727-446a-8a1f-1b2815871108/branding-validation-failed?forum=wpsubmit 

ktd

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:07 PM