MAPIInitialize(Null) fails and returns -2147467259 as error code in Windows 7 Professional edition 32 bit OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My application calls MAPIInitialize(NULL) in order to send and receive mails, the problem is MAPIInitialize(Null) is getting failed and returns the error code as -2147467259 followed by a message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

I'm using Windows 7 Professional (32 Bit OS) as my testing environment which doesn't have any default mail client in it.

For using a mail client in Windows 7, Microsoft suggested to download the Windows Live Mail (email client for windows 7). Based on that suggestion i had downloaded and installed the Windows Live Mail in my Windows 7 machine. But the same error message box appeared during the verification. Also i had made the Windows Live Mail as a default mail client in windows 7 by setting its property in the “Start\Run\DefaultPrograms” but that also did not solve this issue.if i install MS Office outlook and the problem gets disappeared.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Vignesh S

Note:
    If i use my application in Windows XP, there is no issue since default mail client is MS outlook express also if i use my application in Windows vista it contains Windows Mail as a default mail cilent

----------- Thanks! Regards, Vignesh S
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:57 PM

Answers

• >I still get the same error message after installing the hotfix provided in the link which you had mentioned and still couldn't able to find out the actual cause for this issue.

I see you've also got a thread running with Steven Griffin here:
    http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=239867

See what he has to say.

If you do get a solution, please post back here to let us know what it
    is.

Dave

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, January 17, 2011 7:07 AM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 9:41 AM

All replies