Replication of table definitions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to SQL2008 R2. I successfully set up a transactional replication. Also, when I change a definition of an existing table it is replicated to my subsciber.

But when I create a new table it is not replicated. Is there a way to set up a replication that automatically replicates the new table to a subscriber?

Or, if not - what is the best way to manually replicate the new table in the subscriber and then expand the replication so that the data of this table is replicated as well?

(Do I have to create a completely new replication for this?)

Thank you
    Thomas

Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• But when I create a new table it is not replicated. Is there a way to set up a replication that automatically replicates the new table to a subscriber?
    After creating the new table, you'll need to add it to your publication.

Or, if not - what is the best way to manually replicate the new table in the subscriber and then expand the replication so that the data of this table is replicated as well?

Please see the section Adding Articles in Adding Articles to and Dropping Articles from Existing Publications.  You'll need to add the new article, generate a new snapshot, and synchronize your subscription(s) to apply the schema and data for the new article.

No, all you need to do is add the new article to your publication.

Hope this helps.

sqlrepl.com
    • Proposed as answer by Stan210 Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by shewanja Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:25 PM
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:56 PM
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:53 AM

All replies

• But when I create a new table it is not replicated. Is there a way to set up a replication that automatically replicates the new table to a subscriber?
    After creating the new table, you'll need to add it to your publication.

Please see the section Adding Articles in Adding Articles to and Dropping Articles from Existing Publications.  You'll need to add the new article, generate a new snapshot, and synchronize your subscription(s) to apply the schema and data for the new article.

No, all you need to do is add the new article to your publication.

Hope this helps.

sqlrepl.com
    • Proposed as answer by Stan210 Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:18 AM
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:56 PM
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 12:53 AM
  • Hi - sorry, it took me a while to respond. However the proposals you made seem to be my solution, I will test it as soon as possible

Thank You!

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Thank You!
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:25 PM