Multilingual intranet web site support RRS feed

• Question

• User-939997346 posted

Hi All,

I am having a requirement to develop an intranet based web application which will have multilingual support(English and chinese).

I can't use google API as the application won't have any access to internet. I am ready to buy any software which i can include in my project. If anybody is having any idea please do inform me.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:28 AM

Answers

• User-989915499 posted

Hi There,

As i said, the given example is just a guideline in how to create a multilingual website, of course is it not full solution to your need. You have to work around to your specific need.

To be specific, do you require user to pick the region ?? or the system should detect the region and display/input base on region culture ? Please provide more information so that i can help you thru if possible.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:14 PM

All replies

• User-989915499 posted

Hi there,

Found this article pretty helpful as guide to build multilingual website.

Have a look http://www.tutorialhero.com/click-13647-building_multilingual_web_sites_with_asp.net.php

Hope it helps!

Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:21 AM
  • User-939997346 posted

Thanks for reply but my requirement is that

1. user can enter the records in english/chinese and based on the region i need to display the record in the respective language.

2. i have checked with google api for dot net, we can include this API in our project but we can't work in offline mode, as this is going to google server for translation.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:25 AM
  • User-989915499 posted

Hi There,

As i said, the given example is just a guideline in how to create a multilingual website, of course is it not full solution to your need. You have to work around to your specific need.

To be specific, do you require user to pick the region ?? or the system should detect the region and display/input base on region culture ? Please provide more information so that i can help you thru if possible.

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:14 PM