Publish Build Artifacts - Azure Pipelines/TFS location? RRS feed

• Question

• Within the DevOps build pipelines, I'm looking at publishing build artifacts using the "Artifact publish location" drop down option "Azure Pipelines/TFS". My question is, where is the artifact actually stored? Is it within my own subscription or a shared location? Can I manage it (e.g. delete/clear down the artifacts) once created?
    Monday, March 11, 2019 5:00 PM

All replies

• The "Publish Artifact" task will publish the output of the build tasks to a path, normally set to  $(build.artifactstagingdirectory) on the host build machine. If you're using a self hosted build server, you can check the logs to find which directory the artifacts are copied to. If you're using a hosted build server, you'll be ale to see these files via the Artifacts button in the build result (as shown below).

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:54 AM
  • Well aware of the build directories on the build server but my question is more related to the published artifact from the following task below....

PublishBuildArtifact

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:08 AM
  • Apologies for not understanding clearly cr00ks1e.

When using that option, the artifacts are stored in an Azure DevOps blob storage so it isn't something you manage directly. If you're looking to clear artifacts, have a look at the retention policy in DevOps or you can simply delete the build after you're downloaded the artifacts.

Pipeline artifacts provides a little more flexibility and performance in downloading artifacts if you decided to set an aggressive retention policy. Since that feature is currently in preview, documentation may seem a little sparse but as always, I encourage providing feedback to the product team.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:28 PM