none
Community Edition missing System.Management -- what else is missing?

Question

• This edition seems to be missing some things. Is there a list somewhere, like a comparison chart, that shows what is in what version of Visual Studio?
    Monday, June 27, 2016 1:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

could you explain in detail what you are missing?

System.Management is a namespace that is part of the .Net framework. The .Net Framework is the same for all Visual Studio Editions. Maybe you created a project that does not target the .Net Framework e.g. a universal windows platform application or a .Net Core application. Then only the namespaces of these platforms are available.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Edited by Konrad NeitzelModerator Monday, June 27, 2016 5:14 AM Format was lost for some reason. Formated text again.
    • Marked as answer by cupboy1 Monday, June 27, 2016 6:09 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

could you explain in detail what you are missing?

System.Management is a namespace that is part of the .Net framework. The .Net Framework is the same for all Visual Studio Editions. Maybe you created a project that does not target the .Net Framework e.g. a universal windows platform application or a .Net Core application. Then only the namespaces of these platforms are available.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Edited by Konrad NeitzelModerator Monday, June 27, 2016 5:14 AM Format was lost for some reason. Formated text again.
    • Marked as answer by cupboy1 Monday, June 27, 2016 6:09 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 5:13 AM
  • My error. I was looking for the reference in the wrong place. I was looking under COM but it's under Assemblies.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 6:09 AM