When an app is re-submitted due to a certification failure would the review process be shorter / expedited? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our App failed certification - status: CERTIFICATION FAILED. We're about to edit our submission and it says that will start over the process.

Would it start again in the certification queue or would there be preference because we are re-submitting?

We are under a time constraint for an event that happens next week, where the attendees need to have availability to the App. Is there a way this need can be considered so our App is released on time for the event?

Thank You!

The Axen Team

Saturday, November 3, 2012 4:42 AM

Answers

• Resubmitting after failing certification will restart your process, just as if you submitted from scratch. There is no way around this.

If you must be able to 'show' your app before then, you can always submit it as a beta test and it will be available in about a day without having to pass certification. However, beta test apps are temporary and can only be downloaded by users who provide you with their email addresses.

• Marked as answer by Axen Mobile Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:54 PM
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:01 AM

All replies

• Any answer? Anyone that has experience on a situation like this?

Thanks!

Mauricio

Sunday, November 4, 2012 12:44 AM
  • Definitely your resubmit will have the same priority as any other submissions. This is reasonable from any point of view:

1. From MS point of view your submissions are not better and not worse than submissions of any other developers submissions.

2. From society of developers point of view giving you high priority means to discriminate other developers. Do they worse then you? If you enable to make correct project schedule and calculte risks related to submissions delay, why other people should pay for your fails?

3. Giving high priority to repeatable submissions means to stimulate developers to make low-quality submissions (developer will know that delay of recertification is smaller and as a result will spend less time on creation more quality app). This is definitely not what MS wants.

• Proposed as answer by My Lord Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:42 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Axen Mobile Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:20 AM
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Wow... now you're acusing me of discrimination and you don't even show your name.

I think you're confused because your ego is bigger than your eagerness to help someone. I never said our submission was better that the rest nor I'm asking to get high priority.

This is our first submission and we wanted to know what to expect based on the experience of others.

Peace.

• Edited by Axen Mobile Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:28 AM
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:21 AM
  • Resubmitting after failing certification will restart your process, just as if you submitted from scratch. There is no way around this.

If you must be able to 'show' your app before then, you can always submit it as a beta test and it will be available in about a day without having to pass certification. However, beta test apps are temporary and can only be downloaded by users who provide you with their email addresses.

• Marked as answer by Axen Mobile Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:54 PM
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:01 AM

Thanks Nate! You clarified it for me now.
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:54 PM