How Do I Stop Downloading / View Downloads in the Metro Internet Explorer 10?

Question

• Hello,

Is there any way you could view downloads started in Metro UI version of IE10, or at least stop a download?

I started downloading of a file and chosen to download it to a default folder (That is %UserName%\Downloads), and closed the download bar at the bottom of the IE 10 window.

After the bottom bar is closed there is no way you could view downloads or stop the started ones! I waited until IE finished downloading up until I got the following message popped up at the bottom of the IE screen:

%FileName% download has completed.

What a!

Any help would be appreciated.

I would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hey Exotic Hadron,

Once the bottom bar has been closed in the Metro Internet Explorer, there is no way to view or cancel the ongoing download/downloads. Microsoft is monitoring these forums for issues and concerns.  This will be reported up so that the right people are made aware of your concern.

Thanks for your feedback! If you haven't already, can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:40 PM
  • Hello Exotic Hadron,

Once you have opened the Feedback Tool for Windows Developer Preview, for your issue I would select:
    Internet Browsing, Browser User Interface and then select Other.

Continue to answer the questions in the Feedback Form.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hey Exotic Hadron,

Once the bottom bar has been closed in the Metro Internet Explorer, there is no way to view or cancel the ongoing download/downloads. Microsoft is monitoring these forums for issues and concerns.  This will be reported up so that the right people are made aware of your concern.

Thanks for your feedback! If you haven't already, can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:40 PM
  • Hi Steven,

Thank you for your support. Could you please recommend on what category to choose in the Windows Feedback Tool to submit this particular issue?

Thank you?

Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Hello Exotic Hadron,

Once you have opened the Feedback Tool for Windows Developer Preview, for your issue I would select:
    Internet Browsing, Browser User Interface and then select Other.

Continue to answer the questions in the Feedback Form.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Thank you, Marilyn!
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:54 PM