SharePoint form library infopath content type RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Form Library with an attached InfoPath form via content type, and would like to create new items in this library useing sharepoint workflow create item action. There is xsn file created (in my case) insted of xml. I have find out how to work it out (i.e form library template) if there is just the single form assigned to a form library - not a content type. I would like to use content type with my form library and be able to use workflow create item with it and specify what content type form to create.

Any one has faced this problem - any hints? 

Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:28 PM

Answers

• Hi JMalasnicki,

According to your description, you want to create new items in library using SharePoint workflow create item action with different Content type of form.

In my opinion, you can add all content type of the form to the Form Library, when you use the create item action, you are able to select the content type of the form for the new list item:

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi JMalasnicki,

According to your description, you want to create new items in library using SharePoint workflow create item action with different Content type of form.

In my opinion, you can add all content type of the form to the Form Library, when you use the create item action, you are able to select the content type of the form for the new list item:

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:09 AM
  • Yes you are right its possible to create any content type - it works.

The problem is that along with the element creation there is the XSN form created not XML!

This is the problem.

I have found the workaround for this by replacing form template (disabling content type on form library -> change form template -> enabling content type). This workaround has an limitation to work fine with just one content type / form per form library.

Jacek

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:19 PM