crystal report error on server. RRS feed

• Question

• User-298263557 posted
    m having a web application containing crystal reports. but after hosting the site on the server. when i click for crystal reports i get the following error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {5FF57840-5172-4482-9CA3-541C7878AE0F} failed due to the following error: 80070005. how to solve this error??
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:53 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

Hi there,

It is quite normal if you are experiencing issues when deploying Crystal Report on a shared server. I am not too sure the Crystal Report version you use as you did not mention it on your earlier post, however, I am making an assumption that you are using Crystal Report for VS 2010. 

Based on the error message you experienced,  it seems that you have not properly setup/configured your Crystal Report on the PC/server:

1. Once you have the CR installed on your system, please make sure you set your Crystal Report to operate on LOCAL SERVICE permission. Please check your application pool and make sure it runs under this permission

2. Please make sure the FULL TRUST read and write permission is set on your working folder

3. Please make sure you copy the CR aspnet_client folder to your working folder

Once you have done all the steps above, your crystal report 2010 should work fine. If you are still experiencing problems with your host, I would truly recommend you to migrate your service to asphostcentral.com. This host has supported Crystal Report for VS 2010 and any earlier Crystal Report version.

If this post helps you, please mark it as an answer. Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

Hi there,

It is quite normal if you are experiencing issues when deploying Crystal Report on a shared server. I am not too sure the Crystal Report version you use as you did not mention it on your earlier post, however, I am making an assumption that you are using Crystal Report for VS 2010. 

Based on the error message you experienced,  it seems that you have not properly setup/configured your Crystal Report on the PC/server:

1. Once you have the CR installed on your system, please make sure you set your Crystal Report to operate on LOCAL SERVICE permission. Please check your application pool and make sure it runs under this permission

2. Please make sure the FULL TRUST read and write permission is set on your working folder

3. Please make sure you copy the CR aspnet_client folder to your working folder

Once you have done all the steps above, your crystal report 2010 should work fine. If you are still experiencing problems with your host, I would truly recommend you to migrate your service to asphostcentral.com. This host has supported Crystal Report for VS 2010 and any earlier Crystal Report version.

If this post helps you, please mark it as an answer. Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 10:55 PM
  • User1854856562 posted

please make sure you set your Crystal Report to operate on LOCAL SERVICE permission. ,Please make sure you copy the CR aspnet_client folder to your working folder.

Pls tell me how?

Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:30 PM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi hasan,

I believe I have responded your inquiry. Please take a look at your Crystal Report installation folder, or alternatively, please look under your wwwroot folder.

Clearly, you must have crystalreportviewer folder installed somewhere on your computer

Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:42 PM