Where the new control on visual studio 2015 ctp 6???

Question

• Where the new control on visual studio 2015 ctp 6 such 

SplitView Control

RelativePanel Control

Just saw windows phone 8.1 so I did not see in windows phone 10

Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:03 AM

Answers

• Have you installed the Windows 10 tools in addition to the VS2015 CTP? You need the tools.

The new controls don't seem to show up in the toolbox, but I can add them directly in XAML.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:50 AM

All replies

• Have you installed the Windows 10 tools in addition to the VS2015 CTP? You need the tools.

The new controls don't seem to show up in the toolbox, but I can add them directly in XAML.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:50 AM
  • The news controls and most of the other features are not currently supported by the designer.

You have to do it all by editing the XAML.

If you do this the new controls don't render properly in the designer but they do when you run the program.

This isn't a good way to work - lets hope there is an update soon.

It seems to me that there is a lot of work to do to make VS suitable for a summer release of Windows 10.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:04 AM
  • <SplitView></SplitView> that is still not support on windows app. I had installed all in. got windows phone 10 em.
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:30 PM