none
VS 2010 IDE is crashing when trying to configure WCF-SAP Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Installed VS 2010 and Biztalk 2010 and BizTalk LOB adapter pack, But VS 2010 IDE is crashing when trying to configure SAP connection in WCF adapter Service.

Can you please let us know for any resolution/Work around for the same?

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you make sure that SAP RFC SDK is installed on the system correctly as described in the install guide/documentation?

-- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:01 AM
  • Must be a local problem. Everything is running fine here.

Did you install x32 lob adapter pack?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://pi.hauth.me

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:43 AM
  • Actually we are facing the same issue of IDE crashing in 2 environments with the same configuration:

Win Server 2008 R2 64 bit OS

SQL Server 2008 R2,BizTalk 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.

Can you please send across the SAP RFC's that go under system 32 and syswow64, and also what is x32 lob adapter pack.

It will be  very helpful if you could share the installs you had after installing Biztalk server 2010 and also do we have to download Biztalk 2010 adapter pack seperately or is availble along with the Biztalk 2010 in the CD.

Thanks,

Sriharsh

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:07 AM
  • We are using exactly the same setup here. I installed SAP GUI 710 Patchlevel 3 (so rather old) and the adapters from the BizTalk 2010 Enterprise DVD.

Send me your email address and I will send you the librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll.

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://pi.hauth.me

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:19 AM
  • I have the dll's downloaded from SAP Market Place, but can you plesae let me know the dll names which you put in sytstem 32 folder and the dll's which you put in syswow64 folders.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:59 PM
  • I have the same Problem on the same config.

HEre is the error I got :

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPGInvoker.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
    at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnectionUri.ParseUri(Uri uri)
    at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnectionUri..ctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.CreateConnectionURIFromBindingName(String bindingName)
    at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataUserControl.OnAdapterChangedEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The Adapter pack has been deployed in 64 and 32 bits. But the SAP Adapter is deployed in the GAC 2.0.

The version of the assemblies are 3.5.0.0

Hautecoeur F. MCTS Biztalk 2006 MCTS WCF 3.5, 4.0

Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:15 PM
  • We have been looking for that issue and we solved it.

After noticing the adapter was working on a test machine and not on dev, we checked the dependecies with a tool.

We were missing 2 dependencies on the dev:

• msvc71r.dll in syswow
    • msvc80r.dll

We installed the following package : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647 for the 80

and just copied the 71 one to the syswow folder.

Now it s working.

No idea why the package were missing from one box and not the other, as those two boxes are fresh install but different hardware.

Hope this helps.

Hautecoeur F. MCTS Biztalk 2006 MCTS WCF 3.5, 4.0
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:53 AM