how can i create a links control field and set it to be a required field. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a field called link1 and added it to my Features workitem as link1 with control settings linkscontroloptionstype and Type links control. in the work flow i have added the field in a Transition and set it to be required based on WHEN another field value is set to Yes.  

it correctly says that my field Link1 can not be empty when I set the other field to Yes, but when I add a requirement workitem to the link1 field it doesnt recognize it and continues to say that The field can not be empty and wont let me save it.

What Am i doing wrong.  Please advise...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Nedyar23, 

Thanks for your post.

The “add a requirement work item to the link1” mean you linked a work item in this Links control? 

When we linked work item(s) in the Links control, it mean we ‘linked’ the work items in this Links control, it doesn’t mean we added the ‘value’ to that link1 field. Links control is different with the FieldControl(or other controls), it won’t assign the ‘linked work item(s)’ value to your link1 field.

As far as I know the default Links control not support Required rule. For this scenario, please submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:17 AM