After start up says you don't have Windows Recovery Environment

Question

• I installed Windows 8 developer preview but after all process when i start, it says u dont have Windows Recovery Environment, where i can fine WindowsRE... Please help..

Original Title: Windows 8
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hello nishaanaa,

You cannot format the computer while running the operating system. You need to format from boot up and not after you have logged onto the computer. This will completely erase the old operating system unless you install on a different partition or drive.

You need to put the disk or USB you created and boot from it. You may have to change the boot order if you can't boot from the CD/DVD or USB. Once you have booted from the disk, you will get the option to choose the partition or drive in which you want to install the operating system.

Hope this helps to answer your question. 

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:38 PM

All replies

• You may have a corrupted download. This error may be caused by a bad burn of the .ISO. Try re-downloading and re-burning the .ISO file. Also, it may help to burn using a lower speed if the software you are using to burn the .ISO supports that function.

On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use
    Windows Disc Image Burner
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-from-an-ISO-file

Then reinstall the operating system before you install any other software.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:14 PM
  • I did all things but again it's showing same thing. Can i install Windows 8 developer preview after formating Windows 7

Please send me some info i am unable to format my C drive in NTFS don't know why.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:01 PM
  • What is the error you are getting when you try to format the C:\ drive?

From the install download page from Windows 8 Build/Conference:
    Notes about installing the Windows 8 Developer Preview

A clean install is supported on all builds, but you can upgrade if you are installing a download without the developer tools. You will receive the full set of migration options when setup is launched in Windows. To dual-boot, you must first boot from media and choose an alternative partition.

Install on:

Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools

Windows 8 Developer Preview without developer tools (32-bit or 64-bit)

Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Let us know what the error you are getting.

Marilyn
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:08 PM
  • Halo Marilyn

I got error message while formatting :-

You cannot format this volume..

It contains the version of windows that you are using.

Formating this volume could cause your computer to stop working.

Formatting disk and drives FAQ

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:55 PM
  • Hello nishaanaa,

You cannot format the computer while running the operating system. You need to format from boot up and not after you have logged onto the computer. This will completely erase the old operating system unless you install on a different partition or drive.

You need to put the disk or USB you created and boot from it. You may have to change the boot order if you can't boot from the CD/DVD or USB. Once you have booted from the disk, you will get the option to choose the partition or drive in which you want to install the operating system.

Hope this helps to answer your question. 

Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:38 PM