Access database as the datasource in ASP.NET application in 64bit Windows Server RRS feed

• Question

• User-252566090 posted

Hello,

During 2000~2010, I have created many simple but important ASP web applications for my boss using MS Access as the data source.
    Then I read many internet articles saying MS Access is no longer supported in 64bit Windows Server as the data source and I saw the error message coming up when I tried to run the MS Access ASP application in 64 bit OS IIS.

So, I switched to MS SQL Server for my data source in the ASP & ASP.NET development during 2011~2012.

But, now I need to move all those old MS Access datasource ASP applications to the new 64bit windows web server.

My question is, has Microsoft developed a solution to this problem? If I install 'Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable for 64 bit OS' would MS Access data source error in 64bit server go away? If the answer is no, is there any other file which I can download and install in order to make MS Access database work properly as the ASP data source in 64 bit windows server?

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:30 AM

Answers

All replies