Windows 8 [Graphics Problem]

Question

• Hello, Just downloaded windows 8 dev preview, installed it, and its excellent. But, i am getting some problem. First of all, video and audio are not working properly, when i play a movie, then it sucks, my system is fully able to handle windows 8 according to requirements. Using 2 GB Ram, 2.80Ghz, and intel genuine processor with 160 GB HDD space. Also, install latest version of DirectX, but still having the problem with graphics, can anyone help me? Thanks, Best Regards.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 10:09 AM

All replies

• With regards to a graphic issues to would be helpful if you notice your graphic card model, information about the installed graphic driver and describe your issues in detail.

Generally, Developer Preview is targetted to developers to get them in touch to new developer tools and apis and allow them start working on new applications so that when the operating system is released to customers, there are many applications available to it. As such, the drivers might not have been updated to work with Windows 8 yet.

If you are not a developer, you should keep using your previous operating system like Windows 7. If you are a developer, you need to be patient. You can either (i) wait for new drivers, (ii) try to install the newest version of drivers available from your computer or graphic card vendor or (iii) use Windows Update whether there are some drivers available for you. In each case, the drivers and the operating system might not be stable and have even serious bugs even causing lost of your data.

• Proposed as answer by MCCZ Friday, September 23, 2011 5:06 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 10:51 AM
  • Oh, thanks, actually i am not a developer, i was waiting for it, so as i seen its released as evaluation copy, then i downloaded it.
    I will wait for the final release.

Thanks. 

Friday, September 23, 2011 1:21 PM
  • In that case, wait for the final release is the best choice.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:38 PM