Stop Sharing RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to let 3rd party clients into a SharePoint 2013 on premises site.

However, I do NOT want them browsing the active directory accounts which are available when sharing content on the site.

In fact, I do not want them 'sharing' or viewing who shares a document.

How can I accomplish this?

Any ideas?

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:05 PM

Answers

• Extend your web app and use SQL/FBA on the extended site

MCITP-EA | "You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way" | Hope This Helps!

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:23 AM

All replies

• What is going to be their role in your org? 

MCITP-EA | "You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way" | Hope This Helps!

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:08 PM
  • Garry,

If u dont want your active directory to be shared , then you can create claim based authentication to the user.

And give the role accordingly.

Let me know if u have query.

Thanks

-Rahul

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:12 AM
  • The client will be sharing content with internal user, e.g. updating lists etc.

The internal users are on AD.

Therefore the internal users should be able to use the 'share' functionality, but I do not want to allow the client to do this.

Monday, April 22, 2013 7:49 AM
  • Extend your web app and use SQL/FBA on the extended site

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:23 AM
  • How can I stop dollar sharing in my Windows 7 System? I need to restrict to access my drives via dollar sharing from another person in same network. Can you help me?
    Saturday, May 10, 2014 10:43 AM