Arguments of a inner sequence not binded with outer sequence arguments RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I have an workflow A with 5 InputArguments and no output arguments. I created an workflow B with 3 InputArguments. 

I created an workflow using XAML designer with a sequence using first the workflow A and then workflow B, in this sequence i created the arguments with the same name as InputArguments of Workflow A and B.

When i create the workflow, i added the same arguments (8) with equal name. Then i run this workflow but the arguments of each workflow(A and B) are invalid or null.

How can i pass the real arguments to each of the workflow? Do i have to use something like assign each?

Regards 

Luis

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In this case, you passed real arguments into root activity of the workflow definition. However, you didn't pass arguments into workflowA or workflowB. You can right-click workflowA and workflowB in designer, specify their argument in their properties grid.

Windows Workflow Foundation Data Model

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd489457.aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by LeoTang Friday, February 24, 2012 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by elvinny Friday, February 24, 2012 6:29 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In this case, you passed real arguments into root activity of the workflow definition. However, you didn't pass arguments into workflowA or workflowB. You can right-click workflowA and workflowB in designer, specify their argument in their properties grid.

Windows Workflow Foundation Data Model

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd489457.aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by LeoTang Friday, February 24, 2012 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by elvinny Friday, February 24, 2012 6:29 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:21 AM
  • Hello Leo

I set some arguments to pass the information to the root activity. Then on each workflow A and B i set the input arguments equal to the correspondent arguments of each workflow

Thanks for the help

Regards 

Luis

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:29 PM