Oledb/Data Access Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am going a bit crazy here. To give you my back ground I have done quite some work on SQL server 2000, VFP, VB6 and done quite a few web pages using frontpage. Now I am venturing into aspnet and have what seems to be some data access problems.

I got a win2k professional web server and its running/has been running my frontpage web pages quite nicely either accessing them as //localhost/myweb or www.mydomain/myweb.

Now I made some web pages in Visual Web Developer express to get my "feet wet" So I installed SQL 5.0 express on that machine, .net2.0 and VWD express and vfpoledb. I got 2 web sites designed. One to explore the login feature. Made a default web page and 2 more pages on which I display some SQL grid views from a local db I set up. Site works fine both in the test environment and also on the webserver accessed over the web. Then I added a login page with a login control and configured the site for "web Access", set up 3 test users and pw, no roles and configured the access rules to annonymous denie and all the users allow. Works great out of the VWD environment (view in browser) but when run from the web no PW is ever correct.

2nd problem on 2nd site.

Access to a VFP9.0 table via OLEDB works great again out of the design environment (View in browser) but then run from the wwroot./vfptest directory it comes up with an OLEDB error indicating it cannot find the file

any ideas?

Monday, June 19, 2006 6:08 PM

Answers

• Could you provide more details, exact error message, connection string, etc.?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:05 PM

All replies

• Could you provide more details, exact error message, connection string, etc.?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:05 PM
  • I found the solution to all the problems above

Go to IIS and go to the ASPNET configuration and application tab and set the "Local impersonation" check mark and put in a user that can access the SQL or other files

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:18 PM