App doesn't work properly for Touch systems.

Question

• My app uses just pointer movements and it works pretty fine in the simulator with both mouse and touch mode. The app has been tested personally for Touch interactions on a Dell Inspiron 2310 Desktop and even on that it works fine. Now my app has failed certification and this is the note from the testers:

Touch support in this app appears to be limited to using the stylus only and it will not be usable on a normal touch-only systems. Please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/Hh761498.aspx for some of the common interactions for keyboard, mouse and touch. You might also consider opening an assisted support case with us at http://aka.ms/StoreSupport, we can help you 1 on 1 over the phone or email immediately. If you have an active Windows Store developer subscription, you have 2 incidents of support included with your membership.

Now how to go about solving this issue?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try to remote Debugging your Windows Store app. Detais, please refer to: http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/10/26/remote-debugging-windows-store-apps-on-surface-arm-devices.aspx

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, November 26, 2012 9:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Song Tian Friday, December 7, 2012 3:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Please post the related touch code. I will have a check.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 7, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Here is the part where I handle pointer/mouse : 
    if(window.navigator.msPointerEnabled)

{
    			    document.addEventListener('mousedown', onDocumentMouseDownHandler, false);
    			    document.addEventListener('mousemove', onDocumentMouseMoveHandler, false);
    			    document.addEventListener('mouseup', onDocumentMouseUpHandler, false);    
    			}
    			else {
    			    document.addEventListener('MSPointerDown', onDocumentMouseDownHandler, false);
    			    document.addEventListener('MSPointerMove', onDocumentMouseMoveHandler, false);
    			    document.addEventListener('MSPointerUp', onDocumentMouseUpHandler, false);

}

Friday, December 7, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Hi,

There should be no 'mousedown' 'mousemove' 'mouseup' in windows store app. Try to remove that. Any more question, please feel free to reply.

Roy
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 7, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Thanks a ton. App has passed Certification.
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 11:51 AM