The virtual path 'xxx' maps to another appliction, which is not allowed during Web Deployment Project build RRS feed

• Question

• User1254222884 posted

I'm getting this error towards the end of building my Web Deployment Project (VS2008) on a Vista Business machine (all service packs, etc. applied) when I try to build my project.

'xxx' is NOT a virtual path, it's a physical path in the root of the project: (root/xxx is a physical path). The file that is being flagged with the error is a Usercontrol.  Here's its code (yep, that's all there is in that file):

<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="qanda_qandaDisplayInBox" Codebehind="qandaDisplayInBox.ascx.vb" %>
    <%@ Register src="/qanda/qandaDisplay.ascx" tagname="qanda" tagprefix="uc5" %>
       <uc5:qanda ID="qanda1" runat="server" />

The class file is non-interesting.... So, I'm not sure what the bleep is virtual or another application about it.

Ideas?

TIA,

Friday, April 30, 2010 5:53 PM

Answers

• User1254222884 posted

DOH! I did some more searching and came up with making one simple change: at line 2, change the src to "~/qanda/qandaDisplay.ascx". THAT FIXED THE ERROR.   Interesting. Makes you clean up some somewhat sloppy coding, though I think VS put the Register line in there.... FWIW... 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 5:54 PM