How to find Cache size RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Azure App fabric cache for both session and output caching.

We want to evaluate the cache "current size" at any given point of time using code.

Any solution ?

thans

Mohan

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohan

I am assuming you are using Windows Azure Shared Caching. As of today the only way out to know your Cache size is on the portal. We do not expose any APIs which can help you publish current cache size.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Only in the Portal I think, the Portal has several cache properties for monitoring Shared Caching like Current Size, Peak Size (this month) and Peak Size (last year).

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:22 AM
  • Hi Vitor Tomaz,

thanks for u r reply,

through portal we can find this but its a summary at that point of time.

but in my application I want to log the cache usage at various intervals of time ,

if it can show in portal definitely there will be a way to find out using programatically and I am looking for that.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Hi,

As far as i know, currently the Shared Caching service does not release related functionality, you can post your idea as feature request to Microsoft:

http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com/forums/34192-windows-azure-feature-voting

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Hi Mohan

I am assuming you are using Windows Azure Shared Caching. As of today the only way out to know your Cache size is on the portal. We do not expose any APIs which can help you publish current cache size.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:38 PM