Cannot Create Approval Workflow in Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have an issue with Workflow Creation Wizard. Whenever i choose Workflow for Approval (Bulit-In Approval Workflow) and fill the details like Name of Workflow, Task List, Start Option etc.. and Click Next, It gives me an error message like...

InfoPath Form Error

There has been an error while loading the form

Click Try Again to attempt to load the form again.
    If this error persists, contact the support team for the web site.

Now, because of that i can't be continue with Approval Workflow. I can create other workflow but not this.

My Server has Sharepoint 2007 Installed. and My System (From Where i am creating workflow) has installed Infopath 2007.

So, Request to all of you who has any idea about this issue Please let me know the steps to resolved.

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah
    • Moved by Seven M Friday, May 20, 2011 6:27 AM moss (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, May 20, 2011 2:52 PM workflow (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Brijesh,

Based on my research, the Out of Box(OOB) Approval workflow uses the following InfoPath forms:

• ReviewRouting_Assoc_1033.xsn
    • ReviewRouting_Init_1033.xsn
    • ReviewRouting_Modify_1033.xsn
    • ReviewRouting_Review_1033.xsn
    • ReviewRouting_UpdateTasks_1033.xsn
    • RR_OOB_WrapItUp_1033.xsn

In this case, when you tried the create the workflow, the SharePoint threw the error "InfoPath Form Error". This means the SharePoint Server cannot load the ReviewRouting_Init_1033.xsn form.
    It might be caused by the form is corruptted, or it is not actived.

You can follow these steps to fix the issue:

1. Open Central Administration(CA)
    2. Go to Application Management
    3. Click "Manage Form Templates"
    4. Make sure the templates I mentioned before are there, and they are actived. If they are not there, you can try to upload them again. The forms are located in:
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\ReviewWorkflows\Forms

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Monday, May 23, 2011 8:38 AM