Completed Task Title = "(no title)" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a state machine workflow on a basic custom list. Currently each state in the workflow is fairly simple: create task, listen for task to change, set next state, complete task. Each task uses an InfoPath form for completion.

The tasks are created and assigned correctly. However when the task is completed, the title of the task is changed from the correct original title to "(no title)", minus the quotes.

Nowhere am I changing the title after setting it in the create task activity. Sample tasks created in the task list manually and completed keep the original title.

Has anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:39 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. As I mentioned, I'm using InfoPath for the task forms. This particular IP form has a field for Title which corresponds to the title of the workflow's list item which the user can view and change from the task form. For whatever reason, when completing the task it will take on the Title from that Title field on the IP form.

It just happens that I haven't yet implemented placing values in the IP form from workflow so it was blank, and thus "(no title)". When I typed "My Task Title" in the IP form's Title field and completed the task, it changed the title of the task itself to "My Task Title".

I did not expect that behavior. Luckily it's easily fixable by changing the name of the field on the IP form.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:54 PM

All replies

• Just a thought.

I've seen this (no title) when the taskproperties weren't set correctly.   Are you reassigning your taskproperties or something?   Like I said just a thought. 

Good Luck,

Brad

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:18 PM
  • When the task is created, I set the Title and AssignedTo properties on TaskProperties. This works as the task is created and assigned to the correct user and given the correct title. When it's completed the title changes, and I don't have any code that specifically changes the title after it is first created.

Those are the only two properties on the task I care about, do I need to set more?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:39 PM
  • I figured it out. As I mentioned, I'm using InfoPath for the task forms. This particular IP form has a field for Title which corresponds to the title of the workflow's list item which the user can view and change from the task form. For whatever reason, when completing the task it will take on the Title from that Title field on the IP form.

It just happens that I haven't yet implemented placing values in the IP form from workflow so it was blank, and thus "(no title)". When I typed "My Task Title" in the IP form's Title field and completed the task, it changed the title of the task itself to "My Task Title".

I did not expect that behavior. Luckily it's easily fixable by changing the name of the field on the IP form.
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:54 PM