none
Bug on designer of VS 2010 and VS 2015, unable to see interface for Add Column to Datagridview

Question

• Starting from today, this strange bug happened on the interface of VS 2015 and VS 2010, yesterday it work all fine, but as u see from the image now I can't have a fully readable interface regarding add a column to datagridview. I already try to uninstall and reinstalla Framework 3.5 and 4.6 on my windows 10 machine but still issue happen. How could I fix it ?

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:52 PM

Answers

• Yeah I refer as you can see from my image the "add column" part was not even visible. Anyway I understand the problem started after upgrade to SP 2 of my VS2015 Community while having on same machine VS 2010 Express. So at the end I uninstalled 2010 and all framework T.P. installed, uninstalled 2015 too, deleted the directory of VS 2015 and VS 2010 into Program Files and the folders inside AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio

After that I reinstalled vs 2015 and all worked pretty good, so I consider it solved till next bug.

• Marked as answer by Plaguebreath Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:19 AM
    • Edited by Plaguebreath Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:26 AM error check
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Plaguebreath,

>>but as u see from the image now I can't have a fully readable interface regarding add a column to datagridview

Could you please tell me what's the meaning of the can't have a fully readable interface?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Update2. And following is the bahavior in my side for your reference:

I found the Add column window in your side has some difference from mine. Please tell me the detailed information of your problem.

By the way, please try to run your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode), if still no help, try to repair your VS2015 Update2.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, May 2, 2016 5:38 AM
  • Yeah I refer as you can see from my image the "add column" part was not even visible. Anyway I understand the problem started after upgrade to SP 2 of my VS2015 Community while having on same machine VS 2010 Express. So at the end I uninstalled 2010 and all framework T.P. installed, uninstalled 2015 too, deleted the directory of VS 2015 and VS 2010 into Program Files and the folders inside AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio

After that I reinstalled vs 2015 and all worked pretty good, so I consider it solved till next bug.

• Marked as answer by Plaguebreath Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:19 AM
    • Edited by Plaguebreath Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:26 AM error check
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I'm not sure since when this problem occurs

but in past I often have worked with this part of the designer. So this problem must be younger on my pc.

I also tried "devenv /safemode" but nothing changes.

Any suggestions ?

Win7 x64, VS 2015, Update3, german

Edit: Also did a re-installation over the existing installation (found no other repair-option) - same problem.

• Edited by Duke Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:20 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2016 12:29 PM