MS 2003 Server problems RRS feed

• Question

• User1839941297 posted
    I have installed 2003 Web server on a machine that I have used to host basic HTML and ASP pages. I would like to work with .NET, and have installed the .NET and the SDK. Through the web all "ASPX" pages will not show, I get they typical "Page can not be displayed message". I've looked through IIS 6 and everything to my knowledge seems correct. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Monday, June 21, 2004 5:37 PM

All replies

• User-1122936508 posted
    Hi, Windows Server 2003 ships with ASP.NET v1.1 already - so if you installed v1.0 on top of that, you may have some issues. Use aspnet_regiis.exe in the v1.1 folder to reset the mappings back to v1.1 Secondly, in the IIS Manager, ensure that the ASP.NET Web Service Extension is set to "Enabled" Lastly, turn off "Show Friendly HTTP Errors" in your copy of IE (Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced), and reload the page so you can see the real error message. Post that here. Cheers Ken
    Monday, June 21, 2004 10:38 PM
  • User1839941297 posted
    Thanks to your help, I'm making some progress. I now get the following error. I'm going to do some searching through the forums for the "ASP 0221" error, but if you know of an easy fix, please enlighten me. Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0221' Invalid @ Command directive /AspPlay/WorkingLogin/login.aspx, line 1 The specified 'Page Language="VB" ' option is unknown or invalid.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:47 AM