none
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• Excuse my poor english.

Hi, recently i tried to run nLite program. Apparently it needs microsoft Framework 2.0 to run, and it just doesn't install. It says wait a minute or two while the setup intializes or something and it goes like "Setup has encountered a problem etc. etc." "Send report" "Don't Send ...". So i'm stuck because i want to use nLite to reformat my system, because i think there is a virus in it. By the way, on my PC they're not letting me go on microsoft sites, the virus i mean. I can only run the PC in safe mode without it freezing on startup at normal mode.. So i need help to install framework 2.0.

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2 Version 2002, (i don't know if the rest is really needed, i just copied from my computer properties): Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz, 0,99GB of RAM.

Any help? :)

EDIT:

Error signature

EventType : visualstudio8setup     P1 : 183     P2 : 8.0.50727.42_rtm_x86ret
    P3 : msi     P4 : inst     P5 : f     P6 : installvalidate     P7 : -    
    P8 : 1601     P9 : -     P10 : -
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Llllllukas,

Thank you for your information.

Could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 2.0 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Download .NET Framework 2.0
      Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (IA64)
      Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
      Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x64)
      (For instance, x86 Installer is for 32-bit OS.)
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 2.0
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    - Upload vslogs.cab file

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Llllllukas Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:59 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:43 AM
  • http://cid-0a617920f173b665.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/vslogs.cab

This is the link for the download. I cleaned my temp as much as i could. I'm still having problems and no changes.

I'm going for a day, so if i don't reply i'm not home. And thank-you for the answer. :)
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:59 AM
  • Hi Llllllukas,

Thank you for your reply.

I've downloaded the log file and found an error message from the log files as the following:

MSI (c) (4C:DC) [13:25:47:875]: Client-side and UI is none or basic: Running entire install on the server.
    MSI (c) (4C:DC) [13:25:47:875]: Grabbed execution mutex.
    MSI (c) (4C:DC) [13:25:47:875]: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8007043C

Error message "0x8007043C" means "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode". Could you please help me to check whether the network has been connected or whether network service has been turned off during the installation?

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:26 AM
  • Could you please help me to check whether the network has been connected or whether network service has been turned off during the installation?
    quoted.

I'm sorry i don't understand what you want me to do. If you asked me to check which networks were on at the time. "Local area connection" and "Wireless network connection" both were connected while installing.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:54 AM
  • Hi Llllllukas,

Thank you for your information. I can understand that your machine has connected to network during the installation. :)

Could you please try downloading and installing .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) which includes .NET Framework 2.0?

If any error occurs, please try collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from your "%temp%" folder again.

Thank you for your help.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:31 AM
  • I'm downloading that one heavy 240MB install file, i'll post results after i try installing it on my broken PC. Thank-you for your fast replies! :)
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:17 AM
  • Hi Llllllukas,

It's my pleasure. :)

Look forward to your good news.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:19 AM
  • how i solve this type of error......

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly

md.raquib
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:50 AM