none
Take Long time to save the .etl file for a Basic Capture RRS feed

• Question

• I capture a etl trace with Light setting and to memory, before the trace file gets opened in WPA, it takes a very long time .

I have observed that Procmon the same when stopping a capture, even though I capture for 30 seconds (Start and Stop),  it would take atleast 30 minutes before it comes out of the No responding mode.

The WPR capture was taken for a minute and it took 25 minutes to commit a 1 minute capture.

I see Trace RunDown as the maximum capture, I understand that its the data collected after we click on Save of WPR.

Please suggest what is taking so much  time to process, 

I have enough disk space and 16 GB Ram with available as 8 GB.

Line # Configuration Value
    5 Start Time (Local) 2019/05/17 13:49:01.0458771
    6 End Time (Local) 2019/05/17 14:20:35.5429312

I dont have any other etl running, 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>logman

Data Collector Set                      Type                          Status
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GENERAL                                 Counter                       Stopped
    PERFORMANCE 1 Sec                       Counter                       Stopped
    System Performance DRAO                 Counter                       Stopped
    UMDH                                    Group                         Stopped

Friday, May 17, 2019 10:00 AM

All replies

• Found the cause to be a SD memory card that was attached in my Laptop, I forgot to take it out after copying the Photos, took a process dump and found that it was waiting on some disk in the stack, that is the time I realized about the SD card :)

get-physicaldisk 

Both WPR and Procmon works the way it should, I feel happy about troubleshooting the issue myself and resolving it.

Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:23 PM