none
Unable to install SQL Server 2012 64 bit.

Question

• Hi,

I am unable to install SQL Server 2012 64 bit. Previously I have installed it once but didn't get the management studio i.e; database engine after installation. So, now if I am trying to uninstall it I am not finding any instances to select. So, while clicking next its throwing error as "There are no SQL Instances or shared features that can be updated on this computer". So while installing also I am getting same error as its nothing coming in the instance. Pls suggest how to do it.

Thanks

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:02 AM

All replies

•     check summary file -->C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Summary.txt

check in control pannel installed software.

cmd ---> sqlcmd -L 

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:22 AM
  • Are you trying to install SQL Server express or express SSMS ?. It seems like you just installed SSMS. Can you tell me what software you installed. Just click on software press F2 and copy the name and paste here

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Hi MicrosoftDev17,

What installation package do you use to install SQL Server 2012, could you please run the discovery report to detect your SQL Server 2012 instance and post report result here?

If you just install SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) , you don’t need to uninstall it, simply perform installation of Database Engine feature on your current machine.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 3, 2017 3:20 AM