none
value type of by, from, to in animScale RRS feed

• Question

• The specification of p:animScale in 19.5.6 shows the example <p:by x="150000" y="150000"/>.

The schema has CT_TLAnimateScaleBehavior, therein type="CT_TLPoint" for "by", which in turn has "a:ST_Percentage" for "x" and for "y".

The specification of p:by in 19.5.21 has in its example <p:by x="150.000%" y="150.000%"/>, which would fit to the schema.

PowerPoint 2010 actually writes <p:by x="150000" y="150000"/>

So I wonder, what is the correct type of by, from and to?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hello Regina

As mentioned in MS-OI29500 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee908652(v=office.12).aspx), office products do not write values in % format, relevant excerpt is as follows:

2.1.1322 Part 1 Section 20.1.10.40, ST_Percentage (Percentage)

a. The standard states that ST_Percentage is read and written as a percent with a trailing percent sign.

Office will read percentages formatted with a trailing percent sign or formatted as 1000th of a percent without a trailing percent sign, but only write percentages as 1000th's of a percent without a trailing percent sign.

I hope that this will answer your query, if not, please let me know.

Thanks

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hello Regina:

Thank you for your inquiry about Microsoft Office Specifications. We have created an incident to investigate this issue. I'll investigate and get back.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Hello Regina

As mentioned in MS-OI29500 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee908652(v=office.12).aspx), office products do not write values in % format, relevant excerpt is as follows:

2.1.1322 Part 1 Section 20.1.10.40, ST_Percentage (Percentage)

a. The standard states that ST_Percentage is read and written as a percent with a trailing percent sign.

Office will read percentages formatted with a trailing percent sign or formatted as 1000th of a percent without a trailing percent sign, but only write percentages as 1000th's of a percent without a trailing percent sign.

I hope that this will answer your query, if not, please let me know.

Thanks

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Thanks. The situation is clear now. It is only a little bit unsatisfactory, that filter need to be more complicate, because there in actual fact exist two formats.
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hello Regina:

Glad that we were able to help.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:17 PM