Unit test is aborted in VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

VS 2013 suddenly started to abort all Unit tests in Run/Debug mode while creating an instance of an object from the Interop. The same tests Run/Debug fine when I use VS 2010. Following is the message in the output window. Any suggestions on what went  wrong?

The active Test Run was aborted because the execution process exited unexpectedly. The test execution process crashed while running the tests. To investigate further, open file:///C:/Users/******/AppData/Local/CrashDumps/vstest.executionengine.x86.exe.5060.dmp file in Visual Studio and choose "Debug in mixed mode".

When I debug in mixed mode I see a dialog box with the following message:

Unhandled exception at 0x7743F996 (ntdll.dll) in vstest.executionengine.x86.exe.5060.dmp: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x7745D338).

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:24 AM

Answers

• Hi CavemansIgloo,

If you create a new simple test in VS2013, how about the result?

If it works well, we could make sure that it is not your VS IDE issue. But if all tests have the same issue, please check whether it is your VS IDE issue, for example, the VS version or the VS setup.

But if other tests work well, I mean that just the specific test has this issue, as your said that it works well in VS2010, maybe it is related to your test project's upgrade. Maybe you could create a same test in your VS2013, test it again. Or you could re-update your previous VS2010 project with VS2013, and then check the deatailed message or warnings when you update it.

For the aborted test result, please check whether your previous test calls the testsettings file, and then compare it with your test project in VS2013 now, as far as I know, there is the timeout setting in your testsetting file, so we would make sure that we call it, and two testsetting file has the same configurations.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:06 PM