none
Account Azure Trial Disable RRS feed

• Question

• I'm from Vietnam. Yesterday, my friend in Australia registered for me one account trial 3 Month Windows Azue. Last night, i deloy my app normally but now, it's disable suddently. I don't know what's happening !!!

Live ID I use to register account is : luckyluck4989@gmail.com

Please help me fix this problem !!!

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Any one can tell me how to enable again this account !!!
    Friday, February 24, 2012 2:54 AM
  • Hi,

Does you Azure subscription is disable or the Azure hosted service is disable?

If your subscription is disable, please try to contact our support on https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=14234&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn.

If your hosted service is not work, please provide your deployment steps and some error messages.

Thank you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:12 AM
  • lol...I had this same problem...once using the free 90-day trial and once using my msdn azure offer.

the problem, as explained to me today by the azure support folks in india goes sort of like the following:

1. sign up for the "free azure trial offer"

2. start configuring your azure account

3. here's the killer...choose the "sql azure BUSINESS option"...it turns out that only the WEB option is covered for free

4. your account starts accruing pennies of cost

5. someone in the india support organization disables your account, because this is what they were told to do last December...this is a "feature" so that you don't rack up a big bill...what they fail to understand is that we should not be able to sign up for features in the "free trial" programs THAT ARE NOT FREE.

6. the "solution", as it was explained to me today by the manager of the folks that I had been ranting at, is to log into your account and agree to pay the pennies (16 cents, in my case) by enabling your credit card (that is only supposed to be used at the end of the "free trial" when you decide to continue to use azure for your development efforts).

7. WHAT A JOKE microsoft!  your support folks don't even have a tool that will let them kill your azure account (the one that is tied to the liveid with which you log into your msdn account), so that you can re-create your free trial azure account and, hopefully, not make the same stupid mistake (choosing the non-free business sql azure option).  there are probably other non-free azure services that you can choose, but that's the issue that I had...yes, twice...guess I'm a moron...hmmmpf...or maybe the azure free trial process has a bug or two that need to be ironed out?

8. oh well, I was looking for someone with the same or a similar problem and have now had a chance to bitch and moan at microsoft...here's hoping the azure folks figure out how to provide good customer service (SOON) to software devs who are considering switching to azure...:)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:26 AM