Security Descriptor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im developing with C# and trying to get the column "apply to" which exists in the security tab under each file and directory on the computer (on the advanced window)

I have a directory info object and ACE object, but I just can have the Permission, a boolean value whether the directory inherited or not, and the User name, but not the "apply to" column

Thanks alot

Sunday, March 9, 2008 5:15 PM

Answers

• Apply to is actually a combination of the inheritance and propagation flags.

PropagationFlags                       InheritanceFlags

NoPropagateInherit   InheritOnly     ContainerInherit  ObjectInherit    Apply To

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-                             -                    -                       -              This folder only

-                             -                    X                      X              This folder, subfolders and files

-                             -                    X                      -               This folder and subfolders

-                             X                   X                      X               Subfolders and files only

-                             X                   X                      -               Subfolders only

-                             X                   -                       X              Files only

You should confirm this but I believe it to be true.

Michael Taylor - 3/10/08

http://p3net.mvps.org

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:27 PM