Sell Pocket PC programs ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is legally possible to sell Pocket PC applications made with Embedded VC++ 4.0 ?
    is it legally possible with applications made with Visual Studio C++ .NET 2003 Standard Edition or Visual Studio C# .NET 2003 Standard Edition (if the standard editions could be used to program Pocket PC applications) ?

Thanks
    Monday, November 28, 2005 2:07 AM

Answers

• It's not possible to made applications for devices with VS 2003 Standard.
    As to eVC 4.0, please consult this product EULA.

Monday, November 28, 2005 3:47 AM

All replies

• It's not possible to made applications for devices with VS 2003 Standard.
    As to eVC 4.0, please consult this product EULA.

Monday, November 28, 2005 3:47 AM
  • Well, I read it several times again, and if I don't misunderstood anything, there's no problem to sell programs made with eVC. Am I right? Although, there are some unclear points like the next one:

"1.1    General License Grant. Microsoft grants to you as an individual, a personal, nonexclusive license to make and use copies of the Product for the purposes of designing, developing, and testing your software product(s) that run in conjunction with the Microsoft Windows CE operating system, provided that you are the only individual using the Product.  If you are an entity, Microsoft grants to you a personal, nonexclusive license to make and use copies of the Product, provided that for each individual using the Product within your organization, you have acquired a separate and valid license for each such individual. "

Which license is talking it about? The one for the OS on my PDA or the eVC one ?

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:22 AM
  •  

Even though this thread is old, I am just curios about the general approach you would take as a single software developer if you want to sell software:

Assuming you as a single lonely programmer developed now a great software tool for a pocket PC back in your garage from which you believe it might be great on your academic version of Visual Studio - what would you have to do?

First of all, I assume, you would have to buy the real professional version of Visual Studio as (without having read the EULA of it) the academic version does most likely not allow you to do anything commercial with it, but what next? Do you have to found a company to sell a tool for $20 in a download store?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:42 PM