none
Publish Biztalk Orchestration as WCF Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I found a issue while I was publishing Biztalk orchestration as wcf service.
    Scenario one: If I explicitly create a receive location with WCF-basichttp. When I use publishing wizard, I choose publish location and I choose already created location. When, I tro to access/browse the published service from IIS, I always get a
    Servicename ...   cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Root element is missing..]
    Scenario 2: If I use publisshing wizard and create receive location using wizard, then I am able to acess/browse the service succesfully.

I could not understand the difference between the two scenario's as one should have liberty to create a location explicitly and then publish it using wizard.
    Can anybody give me a clue ?

Thanks in advance
    Shady
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:31 PM

All replies

• I think I remember seeing this error before. The reason it happens is that when you create a receive location, it sets up some underlying web service configuration details when it creates the receive location. It is possible to modify the underlying configuration file details so that the previously existing receive location works. You can also get this error if the previously existing receive location's application pool account does not have enough permissions to access the BizTalk databases.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. With previously created location I meant was that I create a receive port and location in biztalk explorer. Then I use WCF pubishing wizard and choose created receive location. I do not have any other location created for wcf on IIS. 
    It's ony if I create service by using publishing wizard and receive ocation for binding http that a site is created and works well

Sample:
    A. create a Schema
    B. Create Orchestration
    C. Create receive shape and port. Create an expression shape to log message.
    D. Build and Deploy Orchestration
    E. Create receive port with creating a new receive location
    F. Receive ocation is Http, And Xml receive pipeline
    G. Now I use Service publishing wizard
    H. Select Appication (Orchestration Project)
    I. Select created receive ocation
    J. Complete Wizard.

Now, If i try to access the Site by browsing thorugh IIS, It shows the error.

Shady
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:55 PM