Are Domain-Based DFS Namespaces/UNC Paths Supported? RRS feed

• Question

• Just some background; I have an Active Directory-managed network with a domain-based distributed filesystem namespace that I use for user storage (documents, music, pictures, videos) via folder redirection. When I launch Expression Blend 3 and the New Project dialog appears I cannot save it to the default location of "\\home.capp.us\Users$\Mercury\Documents\Expression\Blend 3\Projects" as the OK button is disabled.

The only workaround I see is to first create the project locally and once done upload it to the server. Then from there I could just use Open Project and browse to the server since it's a regular Windows file browser dialog.

Expression Blend 3 - New Project Dialog
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 6:02 AM

Answers

• One other workaround I can think of is to map the network drive to a local drive letter, i.e.

net use p: "\\home.capp.us\Users$\Mercury\Documents\Expression\Blend 3\Projects"
    • Proposed as answer by DaveyBoy1138 Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Capp Friday, November 20, 2009 3:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:09 AM

All replies

• One other workaround I can think of is to map the network drive to a local drive letter, i.e.

net use p: "\\home.capp.us\Users$\Mercury\Documents\Expression\Blend 3\Projects"
    • Proposed as answer by DaveyBoy1138 Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Capp Friday, November 20, 2009 3:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:09 AM
  • Well it works well enough it seems, although the Map Network Drive dialog is giving me a new issue I need to resolve.

Friday, November 20, 2009 3:38 PM