Debugging an Exe and DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am new to visual studio. I am using the version 2010. I have two project Sln files in the folder and have opened each. One of the Sln when debugged runs an .exe application. The other sln when build creates a .dll file. and I was unable to debug this project. I was trying to debug the code of .dll and was able to do it successfully. But now I am trying to attach these two projects so that I get a link when debugging from the exe project to the .dll project. I am able to debug them individually. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance 

Arun

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Arun,

>>But now I am trying to attach these two projects so that I get a link when debugging from the exe project to the .dll project.

Which kind of development language did you use, C# or VC++?

Like this document here:

Debugging DLL Projects

It shared us some information about how to debug the dll project for different languages.

For example,

When you debug a DLL, you can start debugging from:

• The project used to create the executable that calls the DLL.

- or -

• The project used to create the DLL itself.

You could get the detailed steps about how to debug the dll using the above ways here:

How to: Debug Native DLLs

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:30 AM